Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
cuse165
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930,Blackberry Playbook(32GB)

AC adapter issue

[ Edited ]

When and only when my PB is plugged in to a AC adapter and I pull up the keyboard it goes all crazy. I will start to type and as soon as I hit one key it will jump all over  and start selecting keys that I did not hit. Sometimes to as soon as I hit a key it will just load a web page in my bookmarks. It works fine when no AC adapter is plugged in it is very odd any clues? It never use to do it just stated a few days ago it is not a new AC adapter it is the same one that came with the PB and running the latest OS. I could try to take a video of what happens and upload it here so people have a better understanding of what happens.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Please give me Kudos if you feel like I helped you

Thank you
cuse165
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: AC adapter issue

i Cuse,

I get the same issue if I use the charger from my Bold instead of my PlayBook.

As you're using your proper charger, all I can suggest is:

1) Check that the plug is straight when it's plugged into the PlayBook

2) Give PlayBook support a call and tell them that you're having this problem.

It sounds like the charger might be misbehaving, so you will probably need it replaced.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: AC adapter issue

if using a changer that has a noisy output this will happen.

My kids playbook did weird things with a no name charger that the wife thought was the correct one. once we used the proper charger it was fine.

you might have a flakey charger, I have not seen this with any other chargers other than the noname one that was used.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.