Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
pixturesk
My Device: Playbook

AC vs Battery Times Playbook Boot up

With OS 2.1.0.1032, I am getting a battery boot up time of 2 min. 25 sec but with the AC power supply,the boot up time is 1 min 45 sec. In both cases way faster than with OS 2.0.1.358.

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: AC vs Battery Times Playbook Boot up

Yes, I got 2 mins 35 sec on battery compared to almost 4 minutes on previous OS.  Quite an achievement by the designers. 

If I am working on the Playbook,at home,especially exploring new apps, I always use the AC power supply. All electronics work better on AC. I agree, quite an achievement, my guess is that the times shall get even much better when we get BB10.

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

If you often use Playbook with power attached I recommend the rapid charger or Desk dock, both of which use the three pin magnetic connector. Using PB with USB attached is a little dangerous as that socket is weak weak weak. 

Thanks,I am very careful with my electronics. When I connect thr charger to the usb port,then to the AC outlet, i never put any strain on the connector, only have the Playbook a couple of months,am on the lookout for a used charging dock, lots of Playbook stuff for sale on buy/sell websites.where I am in Ontario, Canada. Also, I got the three year warranty which covers everything from thr Source.