Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
MrAureliusR
My Device: PlayBook 16gb Wi-Fi only, OS 2.1.0.1314
My Carrier: N/A

Re: ***ALL APPS Randomly Crashing!!!***

[ Edited ]

Ooops. didn't realize I had two different accounts on each PC. Obviously AureliusR is me... I guess I'll delete this one or that one.

cas118 wrote:
No prob. I'll drop you my PIN in a private message.

As for video chat - if you're looking for cross-platform I'd keep your eyes peeled on FaceFlow (http://crackberry.com/confirmed-faceflow-coming-blackberry-10-q1) which is a web-based video chat app. Apparently they will be bringing out a BlackBerry 10 app as well which is great news for us PlayBook users!

BB10 is still a ways away, no? I bought ReelPortal for my PB only to realize I'd have to buy it for the iPhone too, which is impossible at the moment. Also, I tried AV by AOL which works great on the PB but again, Apple doesn't support Flash (like wtf?) and so that option is out.

Would love that PIN btw :smileywink: I'm quite good-looking so don't be scared... hehe.

EDIT: How bizarre... when I opened Video Chat to add your PIN, THAT'S when the PlayBook realized it was being backed up and switched to the "Backup in Progress" screen, and now the progress bar is moving along. Strange, strange tablet. I hope the wipe does it.

-----------------------
PlayBook 16GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Slowness - it shouldn't be THAT slow :smileyhappy:

BB10 - some ways off. I can't see it being on the PlayBook before March / April to be honest. But at least it IS coming, and it's something to look forward to.

Until then, we have Flash sites which DO work as you've already pointed out :smileyhappy:

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrAureliusR

Yeah, its an 8gb backup and it STILL hasn't finished. The connection speed to the PB is supposedly 1.0Gbps but obv getting nowhere near USB 2,0 speeds.

Looks like it's at about %80. So to clarify -- if I do a full wipe and OS reinstall after this backup, and then restore the backup, will it restore just my data or the old OS as well?

Thanks for all the help -- after the backup is done I'll try ringing you on the video chat :smileyhappy:

Oh, and my question was because apple devices WON'T support Flash sites... so stupid! For devices that are held in such high esteem it seems ridiculous they don't have flash support. However I jailbroke both the iPhones in this house so I'll see if Cydia has any way to integrate that or if it has an app that will offer inter-platform operability.

-----------------------
PlayBook 16GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118

I wouldn't try the video chat just yet. It's 1am and I'm about to hit the sack :smileyhappy:

It will not restore the old OS - but it *may* restore some settings that are causing you trouble.

When you backup / restore - you can select what parts you want backed up / restored. I'd suggest just apps to begin with and see where you go from there.

Hope it all goes to plan!

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrAureliusR

Finally got it all up and running. Didn't really need a backup as I've only had it a week - so I just started from scratch and deleted the backup I made. App world made it easy to see all the apps I had downloaded -- and of course you were right, paid ones just reinstalled, easy as pie.

Other than that, things seem to be running better. I had suspected it had to do with sideloading apps, so I'm going to load them one by one with testing after each one and see if there\s a problem there. There's only a couple that are vital anyway so I can drop the rest if needed. However I wish there was better support as that feature is extremely cool -- can't load anything but iApps on any Apple devce :smileywink:

Thank you for all your help -- I went back and 'liked' all your posts but I wish I could do more. This post was already 'resolved' so I guess my undying gratitute is all I can give at this point.

What's your experience level working with the BB Java plug-in for eclipse?

Thanks and ttys

-----------------------
PlayBook 16GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118

Not a prob - just glad you got it going.

Don't use the Java plug-in as I've only done PlayBook / BB10 development.

But if you're planning on developing for BB10 - it's super simple! I'm blown away with how much of a native app I've made so far without a single line of C code. And the online guides and documentation really do help to get you started.

(Genuinely off to bed now - got distracted installing Steam on Linux :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.