Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Airtel

APpLICATION closes itself with

[ Edited ]

The

I bought the Playbook in Feb 2012 since then i was having lot of issue with the playbook as i was unable to update the OS tried every thing possible but did not had any luck and finally given for service @ Redington Service Center Bangalore in June-2012(*Work order No-BLR/PB/12/00307)* and got back the device after 1month.

for few days it worked for me after that again it went off and never turned on and again given it to service in September 2012 (*Work order

No-BLR/PB/12/00555) *and got back in October almost after a month and a half.

but the issue remained same i was unable to update the os to 2.1.0.1088 as it was giving error "unable to Install update" tried more than 100 times to get the update never worked for me then tried updating via computer many times i was able to update to 2.1.0.1032 but after this again it was

showing update available 2.1.0.1088 which updated after trying many

times.with the same error messgae Unable to install update

now after updating to 2.1.0.1088 am having issues like

1. Contacts, messages, browser whatever the application (each and every application) it may be after opening up with in few seconds it crashes

itself and exits the application ( Goes back to Main screen) .

2. Unable to download any of the application from APPWORLD which is more than 15MB as it shows Installation error 0008/7/4/3

3.if i leave playbook in stand by for 30mins its hangs and never turn on i need to reset every time by Press and holding Volume key and power Key

4.And almost every few days i need to update the os using desktop software as it never turn on if it goes off

Hence i here by request you to please get me a solution for this as i am a die hard addict of blackberry devices and i don't want to shift to any

other platform

i hope and i beleive that i will get a solution for this soon

awaiting for your response ( Please do reply in English as i cant read in Hindi Properly

Thanks,
Harish Sunkad
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Re: APpLICATION closes itself with

Contact RIM at one of these numbers.
BlackBerry Playbook Help desks:

Germany: 0800 1816530 (Gebührenfrei)
North-America: 1 877 255 2377 (Toll Free)
UK: 0808 100 7466 (Toll Free UK only)
Outside UK: +44 1753 558400
Worldwide: 1 519 888 6181