Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
Macstead
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Na

APpS WON'T LOAD

Have been using apps like Overdrive Media (library books) for over 2 months now and now when I try to open app get the BlackBerry icon symbol flashing for few secs and then black screen.  This happens on apps that I downloaded after the os update, too.  Any ideas?  Thnx.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paulschulte
My Device: Z10, Playbook 64GB WiFi
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: APpS WON'T LOAD

[ Edited ]

I just tried out Overdrive on my PB (2.1.0.1088) and all is working fine.  I have, however, been experiencing some other issues:

• The CBC (print) News app runs, but when I tried to play a linked video, the video didn't load.  (I couldn't find other articles with videos, so I'm not sure if this was an isolated incident).
  • The CBC Player app, however, had a problem that was recurring: commercials would play fine, but the audio would not come through on programs (to confirm that this was not a problem with CBC, I downloaded the player for my iPod Touch and, sad to say, all worked fine).
  • Stellarium freezes after loading.
  • Videos (MP4.h264 w. AAC 2.0 or 5.1) will play on the PlayBook just fine, but are no longer streaming well from my home PC using LAN File Explorer.

All of the above worked fine on PlayBook 2.0.

Update...

Just for fun (not really) I did a factory reset (security wipe) on my Playbook and most of the above items did not change.  Streaming of video using LAN File Explorer, however, did improve dramatically.

Please use plain text.