Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

Re: ATTENTION - PlayBook OS Enhancement Request - (REALLY Good Idea IMHO)

Interesting point.

The bezel is definitely touch sensitive. Try slowly scrolling a web page off the screen, and you will get about half way to the edge of the glass before it stops scrolling.

How the OS treats this is a different matter though. And there is no mapping for developers.

I hate to say it, but as much as I like the idea of awesome bezel gesturing, it may make the gesture interface too complicated fir the average user.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
chrispycrunch
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB

I just realized why i keep missing the space bar on landscape mode...space bar is too small! move the .. button and implement the bb kb. Make space bar bigger as in wider. Also the sym kb isn t doing it for me. Why not use the successuful bb kb virtually as well?
-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------
Contributor
thuglas
My Device: Playbook 32GB & Curve 8330

Agreed about the spacebar. On another note, my PB is on the charger so I am back on the iPad. After using the bezel gestures on the PB, the home button on the iPad is really annoying, and I find myself longing for the PB interface. If possible, adding some extra gestures would really secure dominance in this area. ...then all we need is some apps:smileyhappy:
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

I have noted that the scroll thing really depends on the implementation.
- in the browser, the course is restricted so you cannot really scroll a lot.
- on the home screen, in the "all" pane, I can scroll to the bottom of the pane with just one flick
- in the Tetris app, developed by RIM, the flick needs to be quite "violent" to be registered

so I do agree the bezel could be used much more (like the pageup/pagedown/scroll area that can be seen on modern laptop touchpads), but developers could also define a better spot for the apps to swipe up and down. And why not make it configurable by the user.

(and by the way JerryD, I'm glad to read from you again, you were my local star back three years ago when I joined the forum.)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: