Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 v5.0.0.344 & Bridge v1.0.7.4 & Playbook OS2.0
My Carrier: Globul/Telenor

Access Network shared folder and files over MDS connection service

Dear Sirs,

I'm in process of setup a new purchazed Playbooks for my colleagues and I'm wondering there is a future to access standard network shared folders and file in our Intranet.

Could you please advice and give me a help how to configure MDS conenction service and Playbook in order to access the Windows Files server shared folders over bridged conenction?

Many thanks in advance! In signature is my configuration.

Kiril Geo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Blackberry Professional Software 4.1.4 MR3 /MS SQL DE 2005/ and Lotus Domino Release 8.0.2FP6 on Windows 2003 R2 Std SP2, 32-bit, all on IBM x3250, 30 users.
2. MDaemon 13.5.1 & BES 5.0 & ActiveSync 14.1
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Portugal

Re: Access Network shared folder and files over MDS connection service

I have the same problema, put it the question on the forum and received no answer.

It's a shame that there's no answers from RIM's support to help us.

Looks like RIM's only want to sell the equipments and don't care to help the buyers.

If I find a way to put PB working with network folders I'll tell you. I would appreciate if you do the same.

Regards,

Pedro

Contributor

Come on, guys! Please post something about access to shared folder in Window Domain and Active Directory!

Many thanks,

Kiril

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Blackberry Professional Software 4.1.4 MR3 /MS SQL DE 2005/ and Lotus Domino Release 8.0.2FP6 on Windows 2003 R2 Std SP2, 32-bit, all on IBM x3250, 30 users.
Contributor

Thank you for you information! Anyway if I find a solution, I will post it here!
Have a great day,
Kiril
Contributor

Hi,

I understood it is possible to browse Windows Network, as an option BES or BES Express server and devices with OS 5 and above. Unfortunatelly for BPS and BIS it is not supported, also on Playbook!

Many thanks,

Kiril Geo

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Portugal

I have BES Express installed on my company. I can browse network shares using blackberry devices, but i'm not able to do it with PB. Even connected to a BB with BBBridge.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Via bridge I can access, VOIP phone system admin page, APC web interface, Sonicwall, OWA, Barracuda 300 spam filter, AV web control panel and a few more via IP address.

this is on BES 4.1.7

BES 5 with OS 6 can access file shares.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Hello all,

I can access all intranet webbased systems (and supported by Blackberry browser), only Windows File sharing is not available on BPS 4.1.4MR3. The access to web apps is valid for BB 9700 and Playbook.
As per Pedro's expirience PB cannot access only file sharing over bridged connections.
Today I downloaded BES Express 5.0.3 and will try to set it with the same Domino server - Remote File Access future is available on this version.

I have another server - MDaemon Blackberry Edition 12.0.3 - 250 users - this is native RIM mail server with integrated Blackberry similar to BES Express, but it do not have MDS connection service. It is in wishlist till now!

Many thanks to all, keep you updated with tests.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear all,

I just finished with testing setup of BES Express 5.0.3 with Domino 8.0.2 FP6.

I can confirm the access from BB 9700 with OS 5.x to Netowork Shared folders in Intranet, by using Active Directory authentication. It is possible from application FILES located in folder Applications, or Media, or any other place where you moved it. It do not allow browsing of administrative shares sush like: \\computername\c$.

Unfortunatelly it is impossible from and there is not such options like Network Favorites/History in File browsing.

It is possible to attach file from handled to the email and then to open it by using Bridged mail access from Playbook.

It will be great if RIM solve implement this future in the next Playbook OS upgrade and add Remote Desktop functionality for admins.

I guess this information is enough for everybody who is interested!

Have a great day,

Kiril