Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
ejsmith01
My Device: z10

Accidentally deleted Blackberry Bridge from Playbook

Hello fellow BBers.  I have been having problems with my Bridged Email (flashing white and black repeatedly when trying to access), so I decided to deleted the Bridge app and reload - WRONG ANSWER!! Now I can not find Bridge anywhere so I can re-load the app.  It appears all my bridge functions work (except still have problem with email function), but the bridge icon is grayed out. 

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to re-load Bridge and has anyone had a problem opening their email like I have.  The native email works fine, but the beauty of bridge was to allow me access to my smartphone funcitons especially the email and now it does not work. 

Still love my PB over any other tablet I have tested.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Accidentally deleted Blackberry Bridge from Playbook

Cinnect to your > run the BlackBerry desktop software and you may be prompted for an update. If not click on applications and see if it listed that you can check to reinstall.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

ejsmith01 wrote:

Hello fellow BBers.  I have been having problems with my Bridged Email (flashing white and black repeatedly when trying to access), so I decided to deleted the Bridge app and reload - WRONG ANSWER!! Now I can not find Bridge anywhere so I can re-load the app.  It appears all my bridge functions work (except still have problem with email function), but the bridge icon is grayed out. 

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to re-load Bridge and has anyone had a problem opening their email like I have.  The native email works fine, but the beauty of bridge was to allow me access to my smartphone funcitons especially the email and now it does not work. 

Still love my PB over any other tablet I have tested.

The bridge software is loaded on the smartphone. Reboot the playbook.  After that is installed go to the playbook options menu the gear on the top right of the screen.   Select the bridge menu setup bridge.   

Now the issue of the bridge messages.  That will require a security wipe.  Make sure you copy any documents video music and pictures to your computer first cause it will bring the playbook to factory default.   

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor
ejsmith01

Tks aandras.  Actually, once I got over the frustration brain dump, I remembered I always backup weekly. Luckily this was a light week, so not heavy on appts, emails, or contact changes that I need to worry about. I just reloaded last backup and all is good again including the mysterious email blinking white and black. All is good now. Happy Memorial Day to all especially our current service members and veterans. :-)

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

It is usually a bad code in an html email that causes it.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor
ejsmith01

The.  I will be more aware of where my emails are coming from. Take care.

dilbert455
My Device: Bold 9900, PlayBook

I deleted Blackberry Bridge from my Playbook as well because  I believe AT&T was blocking my ability to surf the internet while the Bridge was up and running.  I found an app called "Bridge OS2" in the AppWorld and installed it.  It worked for about 3 months and now I can't get it to work.

I can not re-install the original Bridge because it does not appear in the list of "Uninstalled" apps.  I have found "unlocked" versions of Blackberry Bridge for users, like me that have AT&T, on this forum but when I try to install them, I get a message saying the "app is not compatible with my current profile".  I also tried to do a software update but AppWord is not picking up the fact that I'm not using the latest version of Blackberry Bridge.

Anybody have any ideas?