Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Rosster6028
My Device: Bold 9930 & Playbook 64
My Carrier: Sprint

Account Setup Problems after Changes

I recently changed email addresses and had to change the username for Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.

After trying to change username and finding I was unable to: i just deleted the three accounts.

Then when I tried to add them (with the new usernames), I found a green circle and no ability to reconnect to any of those accounts.

No Contact Synchronization for these accounts either.

I have made sure that the programs will communicate with third party applications (even though i did not have to do that the first time), but to no avail.

Is there another level to the deletion in the Playbook that I should be looking into?

Regards,

Ross
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rosster6028
My Device: Bold 9930 & Playbook 64
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Account Setup Problems after Changes - Problem Solved

No improvement into the way that this worked.  It is fixed now, however.

Here's what happened.

First and foremost, the green circle is ever present after entering the username and password to the accounts you wish to set up.  In my case, Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.  After typing in Username and Password, you get the green cicle - forever.  So after you enter the Username and Password, you have the green circle for a while, you just reboot the Playbook.

For each account, you will see that FaceBook, LinkedIn and Twitter are set up, but you cannot access them - nor do they synchronize with the native Contact application.

THAT happens much, much later.  Like days later.  So when you least expect it, you'll find full accessibility and the ability to find them in your contacts - but not instantly.  Like days to a week later...

Now it remains to set up a GMail account...!

So this one technically is solved; but the process does tend to leave you guessing.

Regards,

Ross
Please use plain text.