Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

mpadrelanan
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Globe

Activation Error 3001

Hi!

Can you please help me? I just bought my playbook yesterday and have not activated it till now. Everytime I try it, I keep getting the Activation Error 3001. 

I've tried this solution http://anditto.com/post/22113845395/blackberry-playbook-error-3001-solution?c85b4000 but still with no success. When I get to the hard reset, my playbook is not resetting to factory default. It will just turn on and check for updates.

I would appreciate you help.

Thanks!

Upset

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Activation Error 3001

Do not bother trying anything, the device was registered in the RIM database as stolen, good luck getting it remove from that status

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cochamarco
My Device: BB Bold
My Carrier: Indosat

if your playbook need to update the let it until finish the update and try to activate again
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

OK, I just want tto be clear.

Are you plugging in the PlayBook to your computer while the BlackBerry Desktop Software is running AND it is turned off?

When you plug it in, the PC should detect the PlayBook and the BlackBerry Desktop Sodtware should be able to offer you an Upgrade on the screen.

Quickly click 'Upgrade' and follow the instructions. This should reload the BlackBerry PlayBook OS from your PC and sort the problem out.

The important thing is that you get the initial update from your PC, not the. PlayBook itself.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.