Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
bomli
My Device: Playbook

Activation new playbook

Good afternoon.
When you activate the device errors 3001, 3000 and 1001.

Tell me what to do?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Re: Activation new playbook

Remove the security on your router temporarily till you setup the playbook.
Or go to a free wifi Hotspot.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bomli

Tnx, but I tried to free Wi-Fi - the same thing ...

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Bomli,
Where are you in the activation process?
Have you entered your BB I'D?
Here are some Knowledge Base articles you might like to read. They may help you. You can Google them.
KB29211, KB26582, KB26209.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bomli

ID I do not know, because half of the stage was someone else, and I went to PB at the stage of updating the system. The country - Russia.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Getting started with BlackBerry PlayBook initial setup

Article ID: KB26228

Type: Support Content

Last Modified: 12-14-2011

PrintEmail Document Bookmark

Product(s) Affected:

BlackBerry PlayBook
Search the knowledge base:

Visit BlackBerry Community Support Forums
Follow us on Twitter® @BlackBerryHelp
Collapse all | Expand all
Jump to: Environment | Overview
Environment
BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet

Overview
When a BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet is first started there is an initial setup wizard to complete before the device can be fully used.  To start, swipe the screen to move past the welcome page.  The first step is to connect to a Wi-Fi network.

The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will list any available networks.  Select a network to connect to.  If the connection is secure there will be a prompt for username and password to access the network.

Note: To complete the setup wizard a Wi-Fi connection must be established here.  If a connection is being made to a public Wi-Fi hot spot there may be a captive portal in place that requires authentication to obtain full access.  See KB26582 for steps on how to authenticate with captive portal hot spots. Once a connection is made, swipe to continue to the next screen.

Select the date and time then swipe to continue.

The next screen is the BlackBerry® ID Legal Agreement.  In the drop-down list select the appropriate country, read the agreement, tap I Agree and then swipe to continue.  On the next screen there is a prompt for BlackBerry ID credentials.

If an account already exists simply enter the credentials here.  If a new account is needed one can be registered by clicking Create BlackBerry ID.  For more information on BlackBerry® ID please see article KB23716.

A mandatory system software upgrade will now be downloaded and installed on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.  This step cannot be skipped.  To prevent issues with the update it is recommended that the tablet be connected to a power source, such as a USB port or wall charger, during this process.

Following this, an option to pair a BlackBerry® Smartphone using BlackBerry® Bridge will appear.  This is optional and can be skipped if desired.

The next screen provides access to tutorials on how to use the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. 

The final screen of the wizard presents the opportunity to configure additional optional items, such as Wi-Fi connectivity, BlackBerry Bridge and BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Tap Done to complete the wizard and start using the device.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Contact RIM at the address below
RIM Moscow
3 Smolenskaya Square
Office 708
Moscow, Russia
Please use plain text.