Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
dathdavil
My Device: Blackbery z10

Add SIM on Blackberry playbook

Hi I have a wifi blackberry play book. I want to know about an accessory for blackberry playbook that could attache a SIM to the tablet just like USB data card on lapetop. My playbook do not have a simcard slot :smileysad:. So please advice me what else is possible to attache a sim card to tablet.

Contributor
dathdavil
My Device: Blackbery z10

Re: Add SIM on Blackberry playbook

Please reply me as soon as possible

Trusted Contributor
vfk
My Device: Q10

If your tablet does not have a SIM card slot, then you must have the common wifi model.  I assume your objective is to use the playbook when the wifi is not around.  You have two options...

• purchase a mobile hotspot from your cellular provider.  Turn it on and sync the playbook to the wifi ssid
  • which smartphone do you have?  Many smartphones have a "hotspot" feature that allows you to use the data on your phone.
sonyjohn
My Device: Z10

The "Add SIM" function allows you to add as many XXSIM as you want your Corporate Account. If you order a Corporate Account, we’ll set it up for you according to your needs. The delivered XXSIM phone# assigned will be consecutive. Flexibility: an XXSIM card may be part of a Corporate Account and a regular account at the same time.