Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
papabear72
My Device: Curve 8900

Add existing Bold calendar and contacts to Playbook

Hi

I just bought the Playbook. I would like to add a copy of my existing calendar entries and contacts from my Bold 9900 to the Playbook and have them remain on the Playbook when not bridged with my Bold. How do I do that?

Thanks for any help.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Add existing Bold calendar and contacts to Playbook

Yes you can do that. All you need to do is integrate the email ID which has all the PIM (contacts, calender etc) info. Once the email ID is integrated with the PlayBook you'll get them in your PlayBook.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
papabear72
My Device: Curve 8900

Hi

How do I integrate the email ID?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

papabear72 wrote:

Hi

How do I integrate the email ID?

For what you want to do to work, you need a web mail account (hotmail, gmail, etc), with that web mail account you need to copy contact and meeting, then in the Playbook, in the setting section you can go to account and then setup so that the Playbook will access your web mail account, and it will from then on sync contacts, calendar and e-mail with your web mail

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
TOF
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 64
My Carrier: AT&T

This may be a little late but nevertheless here goes:

I use a Hotmail account as one of my Windows Live Mail accounts.  This takes care of family calendars and contacts for three computers and two PB. We use separate POP mail accounts in Windows Live and on the PB. The thing to watch for in using the PB calendar is to set the default calendar to Hotmail.  Leaving it at local will not synch so that one is the odd man out.

Undoubtedly this would apply to using Yahoo or Gmail also but I just want one set of calendars and contacts and it works well with Windows Live.  Skydrive also works from the PB.  Hope this helps.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.