If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

bgviquez
My Device: PlayBook 16 GB
My Carrier: ICE

After PB OS update to 2.1.0.1032 The camera don't work, rather show verticals straight. I restart the PB an not change.

I restart the PB an not change anything on it. How can I get it to work on?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mrzenda
My Device: BB9780 & PB
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: After PB OS update to 2.1.0.1032 The camera don't work, rather show verticals straight. I restart the PB an not change.

My camera get 4003 error after I update 2.0.358

It does'nt work till now... though I updated to 2.1.0.1032

And many playbookers get this same problem, but no one solve successfully.

Please use plain text.
rdk
New Contributor
rdk
My Device: Playbook 16 GB
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: After PB OS update to 2.1.0.1032 The camera don't work, rather show verticals straight. I restart the PB an not change.

Same problem here after 2.0.358 update. Neither 668 nor the new 2.1.0.1032 solved it.
I tried hardresetting it many times, but without any luck. The camera screen remains black as if the camera lens are covered.
The videochat is working fine so it is not a hardware issue.
Anyone managed to find a solution?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Has anyone tried fully reinstalling the operating system from scratch? Like nuking the PlayBook fully? If you're going to do that though it's time consuming and you'll have to backup your applications and data (media, files, etc.)

I don't know if that will solve this or not but it would most likely remove the source of corruption. Since you state the video chat works, then it's most likely software related and not hardware as you mention.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tleparskas
My Device: Playbook Tablet 32g / Blackberry 9800 smartphone
My Carrier: Bell Mobilty

[ Edited ]

Same camera error after upgrade to 2.1.0.1032 this morning

error 4003 when using either camera/video.

this is the feature Ii use most!!!!!!!!

come on guys - what's the fix?

need the video camera back NOW!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
BethW116
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook ™ 16GB
My Carrier: None

The same thing happened to me -_-... PLEASE DOES ANYBODY HAVE A FIX!? I feel ripped off because first of all I bought a 16GB PlayBook for $199.99 and now you can get a 32GB PlayBook for $149.99 and This one didn't even last a whole year... I honestly don't think I will purchase another RIM product, especially if I don't find a fix for this!!!!! Oh NOT TO MENTION that I went to a concert yesterday and couldn't film any of it because the camera SO CONVENIENTLY BROKE JUST BEFORE IT!  D:   

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

There is no corporate fix as most people including me have no problems with camera or video. There are a number of different problems in this thread. For any apparent hardware or system problem I recommend debrick. If problem remains the probability is hardware.

Debrick...

Make sure you know your Blackberry ID and password
If you can, backup important data. Preferably by wifi share drag n drop.
Turn Playbook right off (i.e. Shut Down)
Ensure you have the latest Blackberry Desktop Software to your PC or Mac and start it up
Connect the Playbook by USB cable.
If the red light starts to glow press the Off button.
Because Playbook is off you will get an error message basically saying Retry or Update  (on Mac it says repair rather than Update)
Quickly select the Update (or repair) option
The Playbook will start to get a new OS that will take a good hour to download via the PC
Follow the registration process using your current Blackberry ID
(at this point test your problem again)
Add back your email accounts etc.
Reinstall your apps from App World, My World. 
Copy back your data.
(test your problem again)

You may lose data permanently!
rdk
My Device: Playbook 16 GB
My Carrier: Vodafone

Done that... I am convinced there is no solution for fixing the camera problem. The only thing you can do is return it for warranty change.

For me this is a dead road because I bought the camera in USA and I leave in Europe.

I am sorry for RIM but my next phone and tablet won't be BB's...

Please use plain text.