Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

LestaLad
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Android on my Playbook

Hi,

I've just bought a new 64GB Playbook from Currys (£129), and am well pleased with it.

I read somewhere that the new software allows users to use Android apps on their Playbook.

Does anyone know how this is done?

Nick

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Android on my Playbook

OS2 allows you to run Android apps that have been converted to a barr file that the playbook can read - these apps are available in the App Store and appear alongside "normal" playbook apps. 

You can also sideload some android apps which are not available in the app store that have been converted - if you google this you will find instructions. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

LestaLad wrote:

Hi,

I've just bought a new 64GB Playbook from Currys (£129), and am well pleased with it.

I read somewhere that the new software allows users to use Android apps on their Playbook.

Does anyone know how this is done?

Nick

Oh rats! I checked 16gb £129 out of stock, 32gb £149 in stock, I'll have it.  Didn't check they also had 64gb in stock at £129.  Are Currys UK crazy or am I??

P.s. You need a windows machine to sideload. Can't find any way to do it on a Mac. 

My Carrier: Vodafone

Ya. You need to sideload the apps. I have tried it on windows and it works perfectly.
Please use plain text.
hlcstudy
My Carrier: Virgin

Hi mate you can sideboard on a mac see link here from crackberryhttp://crackberry.com/sideload-android-apps-your-mac

Hlcstudy
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Thanks, I've been there. Gizmojeff's site has been expired for some time. Thanks anyway.

The BBHTool for windoze is much better.