Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch and 64gb playbook
My Carrier: at&t

Any chance

Ok im not looking for a time frame or anything like that. but it would nice if rim could do one little thing. Post its change log, patch notes, update info, what ever you want to call it. i used to play wow and the patch notes are what i liked to be able to read. it gave me something to look forward to. i don't need a date to expect it by, i figure when it happens ill be the 249000th to know. it also gives something that we can show as a change, other wise most of the previous updates are inconspikous(sp).

but anyways i love my playbook i use it happily every date. it baffles me how i got a first day 64gb model and people are having issues with it but im not. makes me wonder if mos has something to do with it.
Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Any chance

In the past, RIM has not made it a habit of releasing a changelog, and certainly not before an OS upgrade.

drethos wrote:

makes me wonder if mos has something to do with it.

What is "mos"?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Moronic Owner Syndrom Smiley Tongue
and yes i understand they haven't made it a habbit of posting. but they change os why not change the way they change updates. you know throw a little gas on the fire to get people hyped about the updates. its just a idea/sudgestion. if it works for blizzard why not i mean look at the money they got. even if they don't post it here, send he info to crackberry and other blogs.
New Contributor

god my grammar sucked on that one Smiley Sad ohh well no edit T-T
Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

drethos wrote:
 if it works for blizzard why not i mean look at the money they got.

blizzard?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

sorry blizzard entertainment, the ones who made the game world of warcraft. i use them as an example alot. every time they upgrade the game software or make changes they release patchnotes. the patchnotes give a list of changes to be made so you can figure oj whats going to change. im sudgesting it calm the nay sayers and crybabies on the forums a bit who rim has "stopped paying attention to us" and " we think they forgot about us". here check down the crackberry forum http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/ , but a little bit proof of activity will probably shut alot of them up. i've tried to no avail and i know crackberry kevin would be giddy with delight to get something like that from rim.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Blizzard is the maker of World Of Worldcraft, starcraft, Diablo 1,2,3 and more.

yes blizzard was nice to tell people what was being done, would be nice to see this on the playbook. It did show what the update for 1.0.3 was going to enable on the playbook. It showed video chat and BBM support for bridge.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
New Contributor

atleast i got someone else who knows Smiley Tongue. only mentioned wow because well its one of the most played games. i dont play anymore i hate to think of the hours i wasted. but yeagh change logs, patchnotes, just something to tell us whats going on plus it will let us give rim some imput as to whats going wrong, if that will make a drastic change, or if they shouldn't waste there time changing that. it doesn't have to be high detail just the gist of whats going to happen. the last update other then bbm and a few other things we don't know what the update was. remember knowledge is power.
still loving my playbook.