Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
froe234
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Anyone having ANY luck getting the manditory update to load?

Brand new out of the box, very stupid they FORCE the update, cant get around it, wont download OTA, stalls out, wont download via latest desktop mgr, stalls out.  Looking for a mirror server, anything anyway to pre-load the os software like you can with a bberry phone so at least i can *USE* this thing, completely useless out of the box #epicfail.  HELP!!!! Called tech support, they said, oh yeah sorry.  right try desktop, takes 2 hours, yeah - beginning AFTER the download that fails EVERY TIME..

Bah..  Ipad killer? think not.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Anyone having ANY luck getting the manditory update to load?

are you able to connect to WiFi? what router are you using? Connection type?

I have seen many issues with older routers not being able to do wifi connections well with todays specialized connections. There is no simple internet connections for everything now.

My Torch uses a VPN like connection to use BIS on WiFi and not all routers support it for example.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
froe234

The wifi router is awrt54g2 v1, works fine w/ my torch and every other wifi device in the office.  even the latest desktop manager stalls trying to download the os. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
froe234

Sorry missed answering some of your ?'s -- Yes i got it onto wifi, it connected and i authenticated with my appworld acount, got to the next screen software updates, thats the endless loop of failed download attempts.  Same deal with desktop manager, starts downloading, stalls out and hangs.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

could be an issue with the update servers, they were very busy 2 days ago.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
froe234

Might be, pretty lame launch.  Happy to receive product only to find it completely useless due to /manditory/ update which should have been optional.  Its a paper weight until rim figures out they need to beef up their servers.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bmanley
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10

I was so pissed I was in the parking lot of Best Buys ready to get out and return my playbook when my wife talked me out of it. She was right use it for a few weeks and then return it

Please use plain text.