Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Anyone notice that the clock app - specifically the timer, is missing seconds in countdown mode?

[ Edited ]
I am not sure if this was just a simple oversight on RIM's part or what but the timer countdown functionality within the clock app (the third option in the clock app) is missing the ability to do seconds. It has hours and minutes only! You can try this yourself by launching the clock app and then tap on the face of the timer to get some options. You can set the timer as such - but minus the seconds input.

Not having the ability to do seconds is frustrating. I mean, if I need to set a timer for 1 minute and 30 seconds, it can't be done! I have posted a feature request in the BlackBerry BetaZone program but haven't had any feedback or interest. I'm posting it here to help raise awareness. 

It would be nice if RIM added the ability to have seconds as part of the countdown timer. Otherwise it's kind of a half-baked app.

IMG_00000030.png
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mnelson104
My Device: Blackberry PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Anyone notice that the clock app - specifically the timer, is missing seconds in countdown mode?

I notice that too.  Seems like a simple overlook but some people might really need to use a seconds based count down.  I am still getting use to the PlayBook.  Where is the best way to get there attention on new features/bug fixes?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: Anyone notice that the clock app - specifically the timer, is missing seconds in countdown mode?

[ Edited ]

The best way to get some awareness for bugs/features etc. is to join the BlackBerry Beta Zone: https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/login/?cont=portals&act=index&item=

It's free.

The backend is very frustrating to navigate around though compared to the support forums here. Also, the rich text editor is also castrated compared to this one too. You can't post screenshots or much of anything else actually (except text and links). If you can deal with that, you can get some feedback. I have had some success with that thus far. This is why I have posted this thread in this forum and cross-linked it back into the BetaZone. At least here, I can post screenshots.

They were on to something when they said, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Please use plain text.