Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

App World Issues.... I'm pretty much done

Received a PB for Xmas and never really played around with it much until a couple weeks ago.  Now that I have, I'm reminded of why I moved away from BB products.

Seriously, this cannot connect to APP World issue?!?!?!   Yes, I've searched around looking for causes and solutions but I'm always led back to something along the lines of "must be your wifi connection" <No, internet access fine, account logs in fine, and the APP World is TELLING ME I have updates> or "you need to delete your saved wifi profile".  Tried that, no good.

Occassionally search around for additional info but it always seems to lead me back to the same posts / info / suggestions. I honestly can't spend more than an hour trying to play around with this.

If I've missed something then I will apologize up front but - honestly, is there any wonder why someone would choose Android <or even iCrapple> devices given the issues with a simple thing like connecting to the devices own App World?  I long used and defended BB products but have since moved on to Android - I was hoping this would be a nice little device and I could defend BB again.  Sorry, I'll move it along to someone else and grab a Nexus tablet. 

My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: App World Issues.... I'm pretty much done

I don't think so nexus is a worth device