Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
JDBUG
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

App World Payment Nightmare !!!!!

Hi, I am new to Blackberry and have bought a playbook for my son.  I have set up 2 payments on the appworld, Paypal and Credit Card.  First time I tried paypal I kept getting an error message so I switched to credit card.  It accepted it and I purchased an App.  I have gone to purchase another one and its now giving me error message saying "There were problems completing this purchase.  Please try again or visit BlackBerry App World Support for more information. (Error Id: 11400).  When I go to payment options under the credit card drop down I can see the credit card that I entered IE: Mastercard xxx61 and a modify option.  When I select modify and go to the credit card page, my name is already in the fields but the credit card details are not there.  I re-enter them and try again but still get the same error message.  I have treid switching back to paypal but still get another error message with this option.  I take it Blackberry don't want anyone to buy an of their apps!

This is now driving me mad, anyone with any advice would be grateful received before I take the playbook back and buy a true android device!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: App World Payment Nightmare !!!!!

I have read many issues with this error number 11400 when people link their BBID with a Mastercard credit card.

What was the exact error message when you used the PAypal payment method?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JDBUG

Thanks, the exact mesage I get when trying to pay with paypal is "Problem encountered with PayPal authorization. (Error: 580036)"

I have read various forums offering advice and followed it all to no avail.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

JDBUG wrote:

Thanks, the exact mesage I get when trying to pay with paypal is "Problem encountered with PayPal authorization. (Error: 580036)"

I have read various forums offering advice and followed it all to no avail.

okay, I am trying to help, but I am happy to not have encountered any such error on my BlackBerry phone and tablet.

What about the official RIM public knowledge base?

KB19753 "Unable to authenticate user at this time" or "Problem encountered with PayPal authorization. (Error ID: 580036) or (Error ID: 569013)" appears when logging in to BlackBerry App World

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JDBUG

Yes, I have done everything that link says but still no joy. I have added another card and that has worked for now, but I would bet money that next time I go to purchase an app it won't work and I will have the same problem again.  Is there any way I can contact blackberry direct?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

the preferred contact method is through your carrier, since you are their customers.

Contact your carrier helpdesk. They may be able to help you.

If they are not, you can demand that they escalate to RIM Level2 helpdesk (at no charge for you). Then you will be in direct contact with a RIM employee.
I insist, you pay monthly for your carrier to provide support for BlackBerry services, including the AppWorld.
Remember also that if you buy an app on the AppWorld, your carrier gets part of the price in their pockets too.
so demand that they escalate to RIM.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JDBUG

Thanks, but I don't have a carrier. Its a wifi only device with no 3g. I bought it from pc world in the uk. Do you think I should go back to them. Its not really a fault with the device, more the service from blackberry!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

my mistake. indeed.

Free support for 90 days, for your BlackBerry PlayBook without 3G, here.
http://us.blackberry.com/support/tablets/playbook/contact-support.html

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JDBUG

Have tried that, put the serial number in and for some reasons it says I'm not entitled to the 90 days free support, even though I only bought it 5 days ago!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

my mistake again. Since you are in the UK, use this link:
http://uk.blackberry.com/support/tablets/playbook/contact-support.html

a phone call seems to be available for UK citizens.

Please use plain text.