Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Cosmote

App World Payment Problem

Hello forum,

As the title suggests I have a problem with buying stuff on App World. Sp far, I was using a paypal account and had no problems with appworld payments. Recently, when trying to buy an app the purchase button was not responding, so was the -swiping down from the top- payment options button.

I logged on to App World using my BB id and tried to change payment options through there.   Under current payment options it says: Current payment method is no longer valid. You must choose another before making purchases.

Also, I cant change the payment options because it says There are no other payment options available for this device

Paypal and bank account are both OK, I checked.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook Wi-Fi 16 gb
My Carrier: Telus

Re: App World Payment Problem

I am having the same issue. I posted many weeks back but haven't received any response. Here's the thread I started:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Error-11000-when-trying-to-buy-PB-apps/td...

Still observing the issue, and now someone else is too. Can anyone advise?

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

I'm having the same problem.  I tried to contact support and am awiating their response.  If anyone finds a solution please let us know.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 and BB Z10
My Carrier: Omantel

Forget it! I had and have the same problem with Z30 and now my wife has the same problem with her Q10! I couldn't pay for anything from apps or in-apps like BBM stickers and I tried everything from posting to this **bleep** forum https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World/In-app-purchases-problem/m-p/2971376#M3134 and didn't get a single reply to contacting BlackBerry Help on twitter which was even more useless as they direct you to contact BlackBerry 800 number in US and did that and spoke to 1 rep who was as useless and couldn't help and transferred the call to supposedly some tech guy who came up with $hit and his best answer was to delete my BBID and start new and I said "but I made 100s of dollars of purchases and I will lose everything" and he cared less and mind that call was international for me and I was on hold for 45 minutes and to call that number you have to agree to pay $49 per call! At the end I contacted their twitter useless help @blackberryhelp and was told to contact my carrier and I did and the carrier rep told me that they don't have support for BlackBerry and to qoute "who uses BlackBerry these days?" and told that to their twitter help and they said they can't help me! This is BlackBerry **bleep** service and I have been a BlackBerry user since 2007, never had another phone before this! Now, my wife is running through the same problem and all of our cards and paypals are working fine and in fact we buy often from Apple App Store, Samsung and Google Play store and Amazon App store without a single issue never once and moreover that I dumped my Z30 for Amazon Fire phone which has an amazing feature of "Mayday" right in the phone and the reps and technical guys can help you right away from your phone and can see your screen share live and talk live to you on video as you can see them from the phone! Now, this customer care and not BlackBerry BS and sad name for service! Worst company ever! I say just forget it and move on they will never help or care!

My Device: Q10: SQN100-1
My Carrier: Canada: Bell; Brasil: Claro

Today I decided to purchase a couple of apps.  Hadn't purchased anything in BB World for some time and, as a result the credit card on file had changed.  So, I updated the credit card information and went shopping.  Or tried to go shopping.

Select app: check

Verify BlackBerry ID:  check

"This purchase could not be completed.  Please select a different payment method." 

Really?