Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: None

App World doesn't download

OK so I am looking for some things to download and I find something to download, after I tap the word download I get the words Install Error 03-05. And when I goto the payment options thing on top and put in my password, I keep getting locked even if it is right. And when I goto settings and goto blackberry ID I keep getting network error even though wifi strength is 4 bars. Anyone know what's wrong?

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: App World doesn't download

Go into the clock settings.
Change the year to 2014.
If you see any alerts about certificates, decline them all.
Restart your PlayBook.
Once loaded change the date back to 2012.
Go into AppWorld.
Download apps.
Be happy.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Still doesn't download

Developer

OK.

Try buying another app. It forces AppWorld to authenticate.

Once done, cancel the purchase and then try to download a free app again.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

But I haven't chose my payment option on the Playbook and even though I type the correct password I keep getting locked out.

Developer

Hmm - try changing your BlackBerry ID password.

It's starting to sound more like an authentication problem than an AppWorld problem.

Contributor

I go to settings after 15 minutes and tap on blackberry id it says wifi/network problem or need to tether to smartphone but I don't need one. And my wifi is like 4 bars now so it shouldn't say wifi/network problem. The popup after tapping blackberry id pretty stops me from changing my password

Developer

Can you change your BlackBerry ID through AppWorld on a computer?

http://appworld.blackberry.com

Contributor

I changed my password on the desltop and the same error happens, doesn't let me choose payment option

Developer

Did you have a chance to change your BlackBerry ID on the PlayBook after your password change?

It should be failing to sign in now. If this hasn't happened, try the date trick again as it resets your security certificate.