Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Developer
wmatt
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

App World problems after 2.1.0.1032 update

Since updating to OS 2.1.0.1032 I've been getting errors using App World.

Having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server:

IMG_00000027.png

Install Error: [0003-0005]

IMG_00000026.png

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App World problems after 2.1.0.1032 update

Re: the lower picture, are you installing an app there?

What app, or does this occur on several apps?

Can you try deleting the profile for that WiFi network, restart the PlayBook (touch the battery icon > Restart).

Reconnect to the WiFi, setting up that WiFi router fresh again, and try AW again?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
wmatt
My Device: Playbook

The error message was from trying to upgrade Tomb Escape, but I was getting other errors with other apps. Deleting the wifi and restarting fixed the problem. Thanks.
New Contributor
wpgnorthender
My Device: Tablet

I recently updated to 2.1.0.1032 and lost all my contacts.  I have a BB Bold 9900 that has all my contacts which were sync'd with Outlook.  I have been trying to figure out how to sync the contact list off the 9900 with the Playbook but have been unable to find the instructions?

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

wpgnorthender wrote:

I recently updated to 2.1.0.1032 and lost all my contacts.  I have a BB Bold 9900 that has all my contacts which were sync'd with Outlook.  I have been trying to figure out how to sync the contact list off the 9900 with the Playbook but have been unable to find the instructions?

Try this: http://crackberry.com/how-sync-your-outlook-contacts-and-calendars-blackberry-playbook Good tutorial with pictures. You can use Hotmail to do this also.

There is no direct approach from phone to PlayBook unfortunately. It's a pain I know but it can be circumvented. 

New Contributor
wpgnorthender

Ok Will try Now and let u know
Thanks very much
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

wpgnorthender wrote:
Ok Will try Now and let u know
Thanks very much

You're welcome. I am not sure if you have a Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo account so I am going to see if I can find something else to refer you to in the meantime. I use Hotmail for myself and that works fine. But if you don't have one of those accounts, I am not sure how to accomplish this easily...

The comments in that thread are helpful too (some are downright hilarious) if you can oversee the vitriol some spread, there may be some help.

New Contributor
wpgnorthender

I have a hotmail account if that is easier.  Had trouble attempting to find solution on the web page you suggested?

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

[ Edited ]

Sorry! I had an Internet outage for the last while. This is straight from the PlayBook user guide (lots of great things in there by the way):

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/27018/Manually_add_an_email_address_1985...

This is a link to the new 2.1 OS User Guide if it helps: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/45744/

Add an email address manually

You might need to add more information than just your username and password to set up an email address on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. For example, if you're adding a Microsoft Exchange work email account, you might need to specify a domain or server address. To find out what information you need, check with your administrator.

If you're adding a POP or IMAP email account, make sure you know the following information from your email service provider:

• Messaging server type (POP or IMAP)
  • Incoming and outgoing messaging server address
  • Incoming and outgoing messaging server port numbers
  • Incoming and outgoing messaging server SSL settings
  • Whether push email is supported
  1. Tap the Settings icon.
  2. Tap Accounts > Add New Account > Email, Calendar, and Contacts.
  3. Tap Advanced Setup.
  4. Tap the type of address that you're adding (Select Hotmail).
  5. Enter your account information with * asterisks. The rest will be populated by itself.
  6. Tap Save.

One thing to note in the server address is that by default it is m.hotmail.com HOWEVER, you can get yourself into a situation where this might not work and you will get a login error (I got mine by deleting my hotmail account and resetting it up from scratch after the 2.1 OS update as I got duplicate folders appearing). The solution is to follow this RIM article and change the server address to one of the ones mentioned. http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB32048&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

When Integrating Hotmail or Windows Live through Simple Integration on the BlackBerry PlayBook the following appears "Account Hotmail - <username>@hotmail.com failed testing with current settings"

New Contributor
wpgnorthender

Again thanks very much - used the hotmail procedure - needed to play a bit with it but worked.  Has saved a lot of work manually entering it all again.