Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Does not apply

App World will not work download

I bought a new PlayBook for my wife for Christmas and I am trying to set it up for her before I wrap it, etc etc etc. When I go to App World and then to the My World tab, I get the spinning Green Circle that will not leave...and nothing progresses when I attempt to download a new App.

Internet Browsing works fine, so connectivity is not the issue. There was a posted ticket previously answered that has a work around for "create a new BlackBerry ID", but when I tried to do so and then to use it in App World, the PlayBook told me that I was not allowed to use anything other than the Original Blackberry ID with this PlayBook. (

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Previous knowledgebase entry link is shown below)

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB33064&sliceId=2&cm...

New Contributor

Re: App World will not work download

I forgot to mention that the End User License Agreement shows up, and has to be accepted, every time that I open App World.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Here is the only way to change the ID

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB26694&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

If its a reported issue, I don't know of another workaround :smileysad:

Thanks! I'll give it a shot tomorrow.