Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16
My Carrier: None yet

App download halts

Hi all,  this is my first post so please bear with me.  

I have a Playbook 16, with OS 2.0.0.7971 connected via wifi.

I am having a lot of trouble completing app downloads, especially for the large ones.  They seem to freeze in random spots anywhere from before the download actually starts until 1MB before the finish.  It is driving me crazy.  I am using up 4 times the bandwidth just because of retries.

Most recently I have tried to download Modern Combat 2 and Asphalt 6 with no success.  I have tried each of them about a dozen times with maximum download of 92 MB.  Most of the time I get no error messages but sometimes get "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World Server. Verify your network connections and try again." or something like "An error occured during Installation ...".  I have no issue with my browser, my singal strength is good and I have no issue with 3 other wifi devices on the network.

If anyone can offer some help it would be much appreciated.  If all else fails can someone please develop a simulated hair app cause I am pulling all mine out ... oh wait ... I won't be able to download it anyways.  

Thanks.

New Contributor

Re: App download halts

[ Edited ]

Additional note: the only reason I could get the most recent update (~409MB) to download was because of the pause button.  Every time it would halt, I would hit pause then continue and it would start again.  Unfortunately there is no pause for regular downloads.

Thanks again.

New Contributor

So I discovered that it is not an issue with downloads, but with connecting to the Apps World server.  I have been experiencing issues with submitting app reviews as well. 

I am guessing by the lack of response that no one else is experiencing this issue.

If anyone has any idea how to fix or improve this please let me know.

Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Etisalat

i have the same issue , error downloading asphalt 6