Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
jlamotte
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

App installation Error 0008

[ Edited ]

I am getting the 'Error 0008' when trying to re-install the free app Asphalt 6. I have run through changing my payment options based on several other posts to no avail. I have also moved between at least 5 different wireless connection in case that's was the issue. Nothing seems to allow me to install this app.

Any help would be appreciated.

Forgot to mention I am running OS 2.0 Bundle 7971. The app will download completely just fine bu the install always gets to around 60% then fails.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Esperoni
My Device: Z10, 9900
My Carrier: Robbers

Re: App installation Error 0008

Are you only having an issue with the download and installation of this one app?

Have you tried to download/install any apps other than Asphalt 6?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jlamotte

This is the only app I have run into a problem with so far. I have not really installed too much on it but I have been able to install other apps since running into this issue with this one so it is something with the app I would assume.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ayussemwal
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: blackberry

FIX 0008 ERROR IN PLAYBOOK..

Go to settings..security<Development mode<Use development mode ON..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jlamotte

I was able to finally download and install the app. It appears the developer released a new version of the app and it was able to install. I am assuming it was a signature issue that has now been resolved.

Thanks for all the help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
WebCreep
My Device: BlaclBerry PlayBook 16gb, BlackBerry dev alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

jlamotte wrote:

I am getting the 'Error 0008' when trying to re-install the free app Asphalt 6. I have run through changing my payment options based on several other posts to no avail. I have also moved between at least 5 different wireless connection in case that's was the issue. Nothing seems to allow me to install this app.

Any help would be appreciated.

Forgot to mention I am running OS 2.0 Bundle 7971. The app will download completely just fine bu the install always gets to around 60% then fails.

Edited content to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
johnierw
My Carrier: None

Re: App installation Error 0008 pipe fit

Hi

I have tried several times to install pipe fit from appworld with no luck and the above error code.  Any ideas?

Please use plain text.