Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
art54
My Device: Playbook, 16gb, wifi
My Carrier: Wifi

App not displayed in permissions

Installed Magellan Compass on my PlayBook. I did not give it access to documents during the installation. Upon running the app, I received the message to go to security-application permission and change permissions. When I go to permissions the app is not listed. O2 interactive hasn't been able to solve. I have un-installed and reinstalled the app twice.  When I reinstalled the app I was not asked to set permissions. The permission settings seem to remain.  Can anybody help?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
prabodpai
My Device: dont have
My Carrier: airtel

Re: App not displayed in permissions

while installing the app for the first time when it asks and when you grant the permission then it will be permanently stored in the playbook till the next security wipe
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
art54
My Device: Playbook, 16gb, wifi
My Carrier: Wifi

Thnks for the info.  I suppose that means one option would be to do a security wipe and re-install giving the permissions at re-install. I would also have to re-install all other apps.  Can media be backed up and transferred from PC after the wipe without bringing the old permissions back?

Please use plain text.
f2
Contributor
f2
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

I was wondering if anybody had any newer or additional information.

I now have had my second app install but after denying a specific permission, the app does not appear in the Security/Permission List.  The first one that disappeared or never appeared was Kalemsoft.  Today I installed the Trial version of Pacemaker and initially denied a Permission.  It then informed me I needed to change that permission.  Going to the List, Pacemaker does not appear.  I UNinstalled it.  Rebooted and REinstalled it.  It is still missing and did not ask permissions on the second install.

This is truly absurb.  I have about 50 gigs of data on the device and backing up and restoring it all will take many, many hours.  Never mind the reinstallation of all of my apps.

This is really a poorly implemented feature if App Permissions only allows one shot at giving the correct permissions. 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

Advice is always accept then modify in permissions, like it suggests. It probably is a bug somewhere. 

f2
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Yes, I think that will be my new operating procedure.  That is UNTIL I find that I've accepted a Permission and canNOT edit/alter it after the fact.

But overnight I tediously backed up most unique data.  As I wrote on Crackberry.  This can be tedious as the misc/android folder has "copies" (mirrored but Windows thinks they are real) of tons of my music, pics, videos, etc but also unique items.  Parsing that folder is a real pain.

I am now hovering over the Debrick, OS reload process.  I will not backup settings since restoring those could lead to the same problems.  So restoring static ip addresses, bookmarks, etc.....  Oh, well....

Please use plain text.