Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: 9900 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: AT&T

AppWorld: BlackBerry App World is having trouble... on PAID applications only.

Hi-

I've been receiving the "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server. Verify your network connections and try again." 

This occurs only when attempting to purchase PAID applications. The error message appears after I provide my password to complete the transaction.

I am copying/pasting my password from LastPass to AppWorld.

I am running 2.1.0.1032 (upgraded from second 2.1 beta)

I am able to browse App World without issue.

I am able download and install free applications without issue.

Browsing and other connectivity use cases appear to work fine.

I've confirmed my payment information via the PlayBook App World, and via with App World web site

I've tried App World RST cache reset.

I've tried switching payment methods (PayPal and Credit Card).

I've tried the "delete wifi profile, restart, recreate wifi profile" fixes mentioned in similar posts .

I encounter the error on 3 different wifi networks (home, work, and BB mobile hotspot).

Can anyone suggest additional work-arounds or troubleshooting steps (short of wipe/reload)?

Many thanks!

My Device: 9870
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: AppWorld: BlackBerry App World is having trouble... on PAID applications only.

[ Edited ]

Battery out and replace after 5 mins? Also try typing in your password sometimes the copy and paste function copies an extra space etc

Pop up blocker enabled? Some bb which are coroporate business ones have this function and paypal etc has a pop up to confirm your purchase once password entered. If its personnal playbook this is unlikly to be the cause

One additional thiing is on the playbook if the wifi signal is one that pulses so to speak you cant download big apps as there is no pause restart function on playbook like the phones, check on a friends wifi see if same issues???

New Contributor
My Device: 9900 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: AppWorld: BlackBerry App World is having trouble... on PAID applications only.

llamagoat wrote:

Battery out and replace after 5 mins?

This symptom occurs on a PlayBook, I can't remove the battery.

llamagoat wrote:

Also try typing in your password sometimes the copy and paste function copies an extra space etc

I did manually type my password and experienced the same result.

llamagoat wrote:

Pop up blocker enabled? Some bb which are coroporate business ones have this function and paypal etc has a pop up to confirm your purchase once password entered. If its personnal playbook this is unlikly to be the cause

This is a personal PlayBook and the symptom occurs in the App World application. I don't think pop-up blocking comes into play. This symptom also occurs on every WiFi network I have access to.

llamagoat wrote:

One additional thiing is on the playbook if the wifi signal is one that pulses so to speak you cant download big apps as there is no pause restart function on playbook like the phones, check on a friends wifi see if same issues???

Signal strength does not seem to be an issue. I have full bars on every network I've attempted to purchase an application.