Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
My Device: blackberry 9550
My Carrier: Digicel

Applications for my blackberry playbook.

Hi,

my name is eddie and i live in Guyana i receintly baught a blackberry playbook, my main problem is that App World is not supported in my country and i'm trying to get new applications for my device. 

My question is, is there anyway that i can get the App World to work or any other alternative ways of getting applications on my device? Plz help me out asap!

Thank you.

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: Applications for my blackberry playbook.

Hi Eddie,

Sorry that you can't get AppWorld in your country.

You can use a proxy to access AppWorld. There are some sites online that offer a list of publix proxies:

http://www.xroxy.com/proxy-country-US.htm

But these are very slow.

There are some paid services that give you faster proxy access.

Alternatively, you can do what I do and use Amazon to create a personal (and high-speed) proxy:

http://home.engineering.iastate.edu/~hawklan/squidProxy/squidProxy.html

Once you have your proxy details to hand, go into the wifi connections options, edit your wifi connection and add the proxy details there.

Before you open AppWorld, I'd suggest loading a web page first just to check it is all working.

I hope that this helps you!

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Re: Applications for my blackberry playbook.

Hi,
I have the same problem as you albeit I'm in another country. did you find a workaround to access the app world?
Thanks