Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
apierrat
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: rogers
Accepted Solution

Apps upgrade Paybook

Recently when upgrading apps, after been prompted to do so, the app appears to be upgrading twice (two apps with same name are being upgraded simultaneously one below the other) and after the process is over one realizes that the app upgrade has failed. Then one is prompted again to upgrade the app but it fails again.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
chrispycrunch
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Apps upgrade Paybook

Yes, that happens at times for some of the apps. I delete the app and then re-download it from app world on playbook and that usually resolves it.
-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yep same happened with me (three instances) with tictactoe. i just deleted it and redownloaded.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
apierrat
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Thanks Chris

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
spydermb
My Device: Z10 and Playbook

Apps upgrade in My World in Paybook

[ Edited ]

anyone know how to resolve this issue? i downloade cocktales, then an update was available for cocktales, i downloaded it through app world, installation failed, shows as uninstalled application tied to reinstall and it fails all the time.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
cuse165
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930,Blackberry Playbook(32GB)

Re: Apps upgrade in My World in Paybook

[ Edited ]

Like chrispycrunch said delete the app from the Playbook then re-download it to the Playbook. That should work it should download the updated version.

Try this do not re-install it from your app saved list that Appworld saves but try tr\o download it again by searching Appworld. I think when you download the app from your saved list it just downloads the copy you had before and not the updated version.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Please give me Kudos if you feel like I helped you

Thank you
cuse165
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
spydermb
My Device: Z10 and Playbook

[ Edited ]

when i search for the app, and then install,  it worked. Thanks for the suggestion.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
cuse165
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930,Blackberry Playbook(32GB)

No problem FYI thats going to be the same thing you shoud do in Appworld on your smartphone.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Please give me Kudos if you feel like I helped you

Thank you
cuse165
Please use plain text.