Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

nasser1474
My Carrier: Rogers

Arabic language is not supported

Why RIM didn't support Arabic language in playbook until the moment??

It is disgusting that they're not considering the Arabic users. Although it is available in the their phones, they didn't support it in playbook. I bought my playbook when I thought it is supported. I was disappointed when I found out that Arabic is not supported yet. I've been waiting since then for an update to fix my issue. I hope it is going to be soon. We all are waiting.:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: Arabic language is not supported

Just hang on. BlackBerry 10 will have multi-lingual support.

After the phones are released, you'll be able to upgrade the PlayBook to BlackBerry 10. No idea exactly when, but RIM have said it will come.

I imagine that most BlackBerry devs are working on BlackBerry 10 and the current Tablet OS team is focused on the next version now.

Doesn't fix it now, but at least it's coming.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Carrier: 3

Re: Arabic language is not supported

[ Edited ]

nasser1474 wrote:

Why RIM didn't support Arabic language in playbook until the moment??

It is disgusting that they're not considering the Arabic users. Although it is available in the their phones, they didn't support it in playbook. I bought my playbook when I thought it is supported. I was disappointed when I found out that Arabic is not supported yet. I've been waiting since then for an update to fix my issue. I hope it is going to be soon. We all are waiting.:smileysad:

Disgusting, really? 

________
Please use plain text.