Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,836
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Attaching a wireless drive

hvacdon wrote:
Absolutely, thanks to the advice on this forum!

That is good to know about the Seagate product... I see your previous posts on the subject here:

(Message 8)

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telus

Patriot updated their app for the iPod, etc., and that now works for the Gauntlet. I bought, and it took a long time to arrive, a Seagate Wireless Plus. That has an app for the usual suspects, but not for Blackberry products.

However, connecting to the SWP, I opened the browsers on both my Z10 and Playbook and could access the drive. Here is a screen shot from the Playbook. I have to learn a few things, but this is, actually, easier to use than the app for the Gauntlet, which is somewhat difficult to use, until one becomes used to it.

Now to find out how to import music properly!

Playbook_SeagateWirelessPlus.jpg

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus

Video files, as is normal for Blackberry, did not import with the folder structure on the source, but as a basic list. This is a problem when one has a considerable number in various classifications.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Enygma
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

Were you trying to copy the video folders over to the PlayBook or just the files within the folders?

I don't know why the PlayBook does not do folder handling in the video app.  Maybe they thought no one would have so many videos on board as to require a folder structure.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus

I copied the actual folder. With the Z10 and Playbook, using the Gauntlet or the SWP, I can access photos as copied on each device. But only the video folders when using an iPod

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Enygma
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

[ Edited ]

Yup.  The photos indeed can be in folders, but not the videos.  A bit of an oversight on BB`s part if you ask me.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Blackb3rryFan
My Carrier: Provider

[ Edited ]

If I may append on to this topic, I had a few questions if anyone actually got this working.

I have a patriot Node wireless enclosure, I'm able to connect to the configuration Gui without any problems through my blackberry playbook's web browser at the 10.10.10.254 address but how does one actually access the files ?

the address of 10.10.10.254/public1 doesn't work, and 10.10.10.254/#public1 just returns me to the configuration Gui

is the patriot connect app or seagate wireless plus app available for playbook ? or can the android app be converted, if yes how ?

I also have ghost commander as a file browser and it seems to have settings for connecting to a ftp server. anyone know if/how to hook this up the patriot node ?

thanks.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,836
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackb3rryFan, it is understood by me that it is not possible to run a wireless drive from the PlayBook.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus

I can run a Seagate Wireless Plus from the browser on the Playbook. I cannot run a Gauntlet Node. I simply close the WiFi wherever I am, and then start the Seagate and connect.

I don't do it as much nowadays, since I have two NAS drives that work better. Note that if anyone uses a Z10, then Sachesi and then Snap work with installing Android applications. Since the Playbook will never be able to run QNX, then Sachesi will never work.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

turdusturdus wrote:

I can run a Seagate Wireless Plus from the browser on the Playbook. I cannot run a Gauntlet Node. I simply close the WiFi wherever I am, and then start the Seagate and connect.

I don't do it as much nowadays, since I have two NAS drives that work better. Note that if anyone uses a Z10, then Sachesi and then Snap work with installing Android applications. Since the Playbook will never be able to run QNX, then Sachesi will never work.

PlayBook does run QNX, its just not on the same release that the phones are running

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.