Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
rleo25
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: movistar colombia

Attachment too large !

Since I reinstalled OS ver 1.0.7.3312 on my Playbook, I an getting this message in all my mail attachments: " Attachment too large " making impossible to download them. When the help buttom next to this message is clicked you get this other message: " The attachment exceeds the download size set by your administrator "

The afore mentioned message appears too when I try to compose a new mail with attachments. This happens ALWAYS, no matter which email account I am using. Otherwise in my bridged BB Bold 9700, attachments are not an issue nor are they in the mail accounts when entered directly trough Playbook's web browser... seems the problem is in the bridged mail client on the Playbook.

Question: How can this fixed?... Already deleted bridge in both equipments and reinstalled it without any result, already did a complete as of factory system install... 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
georgebika
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: no

Re: Attachment too large !

If you are a BIS user, the size of attachment might be up to 3MB. So when the size exeed this, it can not be upload or download.

I will try my best to help you with the issue you get.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rleo25

Thanks and appreciate your help, however I must insist, the problem is with any size file, pdfs, office docs, even under 100k ones !.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
georgebika
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: no

Hi rleo25: Can you attach any files on smartphone?? If yes, that might be some problem with bridge. If there is some issues on the bridge, please kindly uninstall and reinstall bridge on handheld, and then hard reset handheld. After that, try to bridge again, and have a look.

may this can help you.

I will try my best to help you with the issue you get.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rleo25

@georgebika. Thanks for your support. As suggested I uninstalled blackberry brigde, downloaded again, reset handheld, paired to my Playbook... and nothing changed... problem persists, need urgent help as I need to download a lot of attached files during my worday ...
Please use plain text.
moeck
My Device: bb9650 and Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I have the same probelm, having just purchased the PB. n my second call to BB, after waiting 20 minutes, I reported tpo them that my BES provider was on version 4.1.4. Response was they need to have 4.1.5 or go to 5.0.3 and i will solve the problem. You'd think they would have had testing this before re;leasing the PB upgrade which triggered the problem. I'm no techie, but after debating on PB and using BB's for many years, this is becomeing to much of a hassle!!

Great products that don't work when you buy it, are simply junk!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rleo25

How to go back to an older OS version ? At last until they upgrade to OS 2....

It is shame that a 2.5 kb file be reported as a too large attachment... !!! Hey RIM what is going on?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
offshoreal987
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

This issue has been bugging me since early October when I posted and followed the forum from 10/17/11. I have tried every solution RIM has suggested. I even held the playbook towards the magnetic north pole during a full moon while doing the dance of total confusion. Why can't RIM get the playbook working? Maybe they are too busy strategizing for the going out of business sale. As a long time fan of RIM I find myself looking at the Android market. But yes the Android player is coming, February 2012? Imagine the performance of the play book after that upgrade, it makes me nervous.
Please use plain text.
rplecash
My Device: Playbook 32 GB
My Carrier: 7804930814

Just purchased a playbook with OS 1.08.6067, and just confirmed that I have the latest version of Bridge.  I cannot open any files attached to e-mails.  The warning always comes as "Attachment too large".  The reason for getting a Palybook in the first place was to be able to read PDF attachments to received e-mails - the phone screen is simply too small.  Nop idea if I am BES or BIS, and don't knwo how to check.

HELP!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rleo25

Hi there :Clap: I solved the problem downgrading the OS in my BB Bold 9700 from 6 to 5 version and my mail returned to normal full function, after that I upgraded again using my BB Desktop option to get the new upgrade... everythinhg is fine... 

Please use plain text.