Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: blackberry

BB 10 DEVICE Alpha NFC SUPPORT

Hi All, I have to develop an application for BB 10 device which sends data via NFC to an USB NFC reader attached to the PC. I am new with BB 10 device and don't know what are the supported card types and data protocols. Please share the BB 10 device NFC capabilities if any one have. I have the following doubts regarding BB 10 NFC architecture.

What are the supported card types (ISO 14443-4, Mifare, Desfire, ...) that can be read using a BB 10 device?
    What are the supported Pear to Pear data exchange (SNEP, LLCP,...) protocols?
    What are the supported Card emulation (ISO 14443-4, Mifare, ...) Modes?

I prefer card emulation mode for exchanging data with the USB NFC Reader (ACS ACR 122 U). Is that is possible with the BB 10 alpha device. Thanks in advance.... Best regardsPranav

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: BB 10 DEVICE Alpha NFC SUPPORT

Hi,

AFAIK the supported tags match BlackBerry 7, Supported tags 

Here's a good collection of articles using NFC features, http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/NFC-Article-and-Code-Index/ta-p/1538775

Card emulation generally involves a secure element - have you considered target emulation / virtual target?

Thanks

--
Rob is no longer associated with BlackBerry.
Contributor
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: blackberry

Re: BB 10 DEVICE Alpha NFC SUPPORT

thanks for your reply, have a nice time