10-04-2012 03:01 PM
I installed the new OS2.1 as well as new Bridge to my Bold 9900 phone. When i go to the Bridge application I see the word Text Message but no ICON is displayed above the words. I then click on the Text Message and I get the screen pops up with error message 'Not Found'. Please help
10-04-2012 03:44 PM
On your PlayBook, touch the battery icon at top right > restart.
After the PlayBook restarts, try again.
10-04-2012 04:04 PM
Hey, ok , lol, I don't know what all you've done, you didn't say.
Are you connected to Bridge?
10-04-2012 05:05 PM
Yes, I am connected via bridge to my bold. I am on the BB Bridge screen. I can see ICONS for Messages, Contacts, Caldnedar, BBM, MemoPad, and Tasks. The Text Messages does not have an ICON over it. I touch the Text Messages area and a blank white Text Messages window opens and in the upper left corner the words 'Not Found' are displayed.
10-04-2012 06:00 PM
Here's what I would suggest:
10-04-2012 06:27 PM
I followed your steps as directed and unfortunately for me, i get the same error message. Do you know if there's a way to uninstall this latest 22.214.171.1242 update? Perhaps I can try and reinstall that. Thanks for trying to help.
10-05-2012 07:04 PM
Same problem here.
Deleted bridge from phone, kill all bluetooth setup. Same on PB. restart both from cold. install bridge on phone, restart. Setup Bridge, still no icon. Tried twice
BB 8370 7.1
10-06-2012 02:56 AM
I am having the same problem. I have the word text but no icon. I have deleted bridge and reinstalled. Restarted. I wiped my PlayBook and reinstalled the update. I tried 4 times to backup my data. Desktop software could not complete that. I had to rescue my pictures, videos, and music manually. I think it must be my phone. I'm sad
10-06-2012 08:20 AM
The only other thing I can recommend is to run the debrick process on your PlayBook which will force a wipe and reload of the OS.
1. Do a backup of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7 installed. It can be downloaded from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
2. After the backup is finished, unplug the PlayBook and on the PlayBook press and hold down the power button until the unit forces the device off.
3. With the Desktop Software still open on your computer and the PlayBook powered off, connect the PlayBook to your computer once again.
4. You should see an error screen from Desktop Software popup with the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.
Very quickly choose the Update option.
5. All information will on your PlayBook will be erased and a reload of the Software will commence to install on the PlayBook.
6. Once this is complete your PlayBook will go back through the initial (as if new) setup wizard (entering the BlackBerryID, etc., and then you can perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your personal data from the backup. Applications which you downloaded from AppWorld won't restore, but they can be easily reinstalled using AppWorld > MyWorld section of AppWorld.