Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
ksmithaz1
My Device: Curve 9370 Playbook

Re: BB Bridge SMS Text Message Icon missing but word Text Message is displayed

Close but the problem is on the phone.  Back up the phone.  Connect to BBDM.  Pull the battery.  Full update.  Replace battery. Wipe phone. Install bridge.  Bridge apparently is running on the phone in a window.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jcox
My Device: Playbook

How do I wipe phone?  I deleted all data but the apps (including bridge)are still there. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ksmithaz1

You have to follow the bricked phone procedure.  Same as for the playbook.  Get the latest BBDM.  Plug the phone in wait for it to set up.  Then pull the battery, it will ask if you want to update/recover.  Say yes and put the battery back in.  It will warn about wiping everything.  Follow the prompts and it will erase your firmware and put it back.  Check the forums here and Crackberry for detailed instructions.

I put bridge on first after the wipe... That way if there is a conflicting app you can tell when you put it back.  I only restored my contacts and some selected items back to the phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fivehartbeats
My Device: Playbook

This worked for me!  Thanks a bunch.  I now can see icons,  send and receive my text messages .

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ksmithaz1

This has something to do with BES.  If you attempt to configure the phone for BES (whether it works or not), or apparently if the phone has EVER been configured for BES this is the symptom.  A normal "data wipe" would not fix it..  I inadvertently tried a BES mailbox (fingers moving before brain), and poof the problem came back even though I cancelled the BES activiation, and cleared out everything.  YMMV.  Now if the 9370 would just do FM radio like the  9360 . . . :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.