Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Play Book

BB ID problem

Hi, I'm in a bit of a conundrum with my BBPB.  Just got it a few days ago, and I have just noticed that my BB ID is incorrect.....I have forgotten my password, and it keeps telling me it will e-mail me verification, however the e-mail addy is incorrect!

What should I do?  Will doing a security wipe allow me start over from the beginning of set up to create a new BB ID and password again?  Or will I still have the old 'bad' BB ID blocking my way?

I only realized the importance of this when there was an upgrade issued for one of my apps, and I needed to use ID and password to upgrade....

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thx

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: BB ID problem

The best thing for you to do is a security wipe and start again from scratch. This time enter the information correctly. Check it before you commit yourself. Write this information in a safe place because without the correct BBID in the future you will have to go through this process again. The password can be changed easily but changing the BBID requires a full wipe and restart.
Contributor
My Device: Play Book

Re: BB ID problem

Thanks Lost_at_Sea for the reply..........A security swipe would allow me start over like from setup?  That's awesome!  Yes, let this be a lesson.....never try to setup ANY device while you have a child on your lap, who likes new toys just as much as you do :smileywink: