Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: PLAYBOOK
My Carrier: WIND

BB PLAYBOOK OS UPGRADE

It would be great for loyal BB users to obtain upgrade of Playbook OS software for $25 ~ $75, annually.  In effect obtain new tablet functions and have incentive to buy new Z10 etc.  Also, would be nice to have accessories indicated to replace laptop and desktop, Android and Windows, with Playbook and Z10 and accessories etc.  Especially for professionals and BB profile users.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BB PLAYBOOK OS UPGRADE

Hi there,

BlackBerry actually provides updates to the PlayBook for free, and if you remember, there was an update not too long ago. That said, BlackBerry has also stated that BlackBerry 10 will come to the PlayBook, however this takes time to code, and the current priority is the Z10 and the Q10. That said, I'm hopeful we'll hear more at the BlackBerry Live conference this May!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: BB PLAYBOOK OS UPGRADE

[ Edited ]

I got a complete new OSX mountain lion for less money. no way would have paid for this last upgrade.

Edit: actually he didn't make it clear who would pay whom the 25 bucks. If they paid me I would try another upgrade...