Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
duncantreller
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

BB Z10 connection with bridge to playbook Icons missing in playbook bridge

Hi All,

I had a BB 9810 Torch and BB Playbook talking to each other with BB Bridge and life was Good.

In an effort to make life GRAND I brought a Z10 and downloaded BB bridge app.

I deleted the previous mobile BB 9810 from the playbook and connected with bridge to the new BB Z10 Mobile.

On the playbook I have one Icon in bridge only telling me Great job the Playbbok has conected to Z10.

My question is How do I get my other Icons back I had before???

Sorry if this has already been asked, I did read back looking for it,  

thanks Duncan

Loving BB Z10 Keeping me moving
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: BB Z10 connection with bridge to playbook Icons missing in playbook bridge

Those bridging features are not (yet) available on the Z10. I've been told that the Playbook needs an update to get them back. No idea when that will be, though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
duncantreller
My Device: Z10

Thanks John, now I know to wait and not waste time thinking I have done something wrong.
Duncan Treller
Loving BB Z10 Keeping me moving
New Contributor
consultingmers
My Device: Z10 STL-100-4

So let me get this straight...I can't do full two way sync with Outlook and now I learn I don't have Bridge capability as well. This phone is supposed to be a step forward????? The playbook has an OS and Z10 has an incomplete OS. What else don't I know which is going to make me regret this purchase and continued support of their slow R&D department??

Where did you find this information? What's the best way to keep track of updates and progress? Thanks.

Super Contributor
tirgoman
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10

I have to ask, what icons are you missing? I have a PB and a Q10 and it seems to be working fine with the Bridge, email, contacts, syncing etc. If somethings missing I didn't notice it.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

In the bridge folder there are no longer icons. Just a read me file.

As for two way outlook sync that is now working for contacts and calendar.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
consultingmers
My Device: Z10 STL-100-4

I too have no icons other than a readme file. All I can do is internet from cell phone, look up files from phone and use phone as remote control. Other functionability has been eliminated. As to syncing...that is limited. No ability to customize or modify as we could with Desktop Manager. Still sucks.

Super Contributor
tirgoman
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10

OK, maybe it's because I'm still missing something or it's Friday afternoon. I just checked my PB64, WiFi off and Bluetooth on and Bridged to Q10,  I open mail, contacts, calendar or web, I'm connected and working through Bridge to my Q10. You are correct there is nothing but a readme file contained in the Bridge icon but so what? If I'm missing something please correct me.

Guru I
John_Clark

Correct. You can still Bridge the devices and use the Internet connection of the BlackBerry smartphone on the Playbook. However, with the old BB devices the Bridge folder had icons for communicating directly with the BB handheld device and reading the email, text messages, BBM, etc. from the handheld directly on the Playbook.

However, with both devices using the same protocols for email there is no real reason to do that for email. BBM and text messaging from the Playbook is gone, though.
Trusted Contributor
malie1
My Device: Torch 9800, PB 16G

[ Edited ]

So you're saying the Q10 has full bridge capabilities and the Z10 doesn't????? My work email must be bridged or i must be connected to the company network to get my email. Therefore if I don't have full bridge function I can't upgrade from my torch