Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
malie1
My Device: Torch 9800, PB 16G

BB bridge

Ok, anyone out there with a Z10 how does it Bridge with the play book, heard the bridge is not to good, just asking because if it doesn't bridge well I won't be upgrading in March, I'll just keep my 9800
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Re: BB bridge

Currently the only use of Bridge with BB10 is to provide tethering. Whether all the functions will be enabled in a future release of the Playbook OS is yet to be seen
Trusted Contributor
malie1

Thanks if the info, guess I won't be getting a Z10
New Contributor
prime51
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook, Z10.

I agree. I'm returning mine in two days, as soon as I can get to the store.

I hated losing bis and the ability to filter messages that go to the bb, losing the tasks (remember is missing some options/features), and the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired, but I could tolerate it. Losing the playbook interface was the last straw, particularly with what they posted in app world saying we just had to add the email accounts to the playbook, and it would all be fine.

We'll, it's not. The imap interface is also really poor on the playbook, and needed the bridge to be really secure and useful. The way it works now also requires you to download messages twice, once for each device. Not so bad when you're local, but when traveling, data gets expensive...

Trusted Contributor
malie1

Its a shame I was really looking forward to upgrading I can't believe they overlooked the bridge
Regular Contributor
mleckman
My Device: curve

The shock was unbearable. I couldn't get my BBM or txt messages on my Playbook anymore when i got my BB10. Changes the first S of my day completely.
Hopefully it is addressed either on the next phone update or when PB is updated to 10. I'll keep the hope alive. Gross oversight on their part.