Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry playbook
My Carrier: NA

BB playbook screen

Playbook details and behaviour:

1. colored vertical lines while starting, need to struggle multiple times,(more than 50 times sometimes) to get screen back normal, on & offs.

2. while everything fine, if lock the screen and on either way by button or swipe from any side to middle of the screen recreates the problem.

3.screen shots by volume keys shows normal healthy screens stored.

4. while screen is bad (nothing is visible), i can feel password touches by sound.

5. backlight becoming so dim while in healthy screen, then if i press at one of the speakers did back light bright

6. bb 32gb wifi version, purchased on 30 dec 2011, if delayed warranty will be lost.

7. one time sound stopped working, restart did things back, but screen problems persistent.

8. i m sure from the forums, security wipe does not work to resolve problem.

9. able to connect to computer through device manager, took backup.

i like this tab very much, dont want to lose it.. plz help

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: BB playbook screen

sureshsnv wrote:

Playbook details and behaviour:

1. colored vertical lines while starting, need to struggle multiple times,(more than 50 times sometimes) to get screen back normal, on & offs.

2. while everything fine, if lock the screen and on either way by button or swipe from any side to middle of the screen recreates the problem.

3.screen shots by volume keys shows normal healthy screens stored.

4. while screen is bad (nothing is visible), i can feel password touches by sound.

5. backlight becoming so dim while in healthy screen, then if i press at one of the speakers did back light bright

6. bb 32gb wifi version, purchased on 30 dec 2011, if delayed warranty will be lost.

7. one time sound stopped working, restart did things back, but screen problems persistent.

8. i m sure from the forums, security wipe does not work to resolve problem.

9. able to connect to computer through device manager, took backup.

i like this tab very much, dont want to lose it.. plz help

Dont delay. Make a warranty claim. Sounds like hardware. You will need to security wipe the data before sending it back anyway

My Device: BlackBerry playbook
My Carrier: NA

Re: BB playbook screen

Thanks for the reply... For update, I also observed a kind of resolution, When we press back side in the middle of the playbook and press ON button for making it ON, or swipe from sides, Display coming normal. It should be a loose connection problem something inside. Even back light dimming also could me same issue. I know it works if open and adjust something inside, but Because it is under warranty period I gave it to servicing center.