Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
lcocea
My Device: PlayBook & Nexus 4

Re: BB10 and the PlayBook

[ Edited ]

All right, let the waters be clear then. What is clear to me is that PlaBook owners do not seem to have RIM's attention anymore. There isn't even a Facebook 3 update for the PlayBook. Not to mention Netflix, Skype etc. Also, BB10 devices seem to be priced in the $700 range, which is way above the price of a unlocked, contract-free Nexus 4 with similar hardware specs. It's the old positioning game but Microsoft are also playing this game with their Windows 8 devices, without much success... right now.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
beartraprr
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: att

I love my Playbook, however, that said I am tired of not being able to do things with it. Apps suck, I downloaded and paid for FOUR this past weekend all garbage.  There are literely no FTP programs out there, none that work as they should.

If they release BB10 for the playbook by Friday great, otherwise it goes up on Ebay and I go to Best Buy for the Galaxy Tab 7.  I already ditched my 9810 Torch for the Galaxy S3.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

beartraprr wrote:

There are literely no FTP programs out there, none that work as they should.

There are several ftp apps available. Unfortunately the excellent one I use, liteftp, is no longer available. 

Galaxy has about a million apps.  So that is probably 999,000 garbage apps.  less garbage with playbook 

My Device: PlayBook & Nexus 4

[ Edited ]

The problem with apps on the PlayBook is that RIM accepted all kind of **bleep** at AppWorld and allowed developers to delete bad reviews. Users never know what they are buying as they only read good reviews. What I do like about App World is that at least it warns the buyer when the app contains items for purchase or ads.

Please use plain text.
Developer
RapsFan
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

BTW installing the Dev alpha on the PB is a bad idea. Just incase anyone is as stupid as me.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

lcocea wrote:

The problem with apps on the PlayBook is that RIM accepted all kind of **bleep** at AppWorld and allowed developers to delete bad reviews. Users never know what they are buying as they only read good reviews. What I do like about App World is that at least it warns the buyer when the app contains items for purchase or ads.

I agree. It seems that the poor reviews very often disappear. However, did anyone think of asking around?  Outside this forum there is also playbookdaily.com where users talk. Ask around.

Having said that I also bought some garbage. But the cost of most apps is about the cost of a cup of coffee. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
RapsFan
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

The pic I saw from the dev that got it loaded looked nothing like the one I loaded on. The only difference I saw was the logon password font was different and said Blackberry 10 when shutting down

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

I think it will be interesting to see on the new BlackBerry World which apps will work on the phones and not on the PlayBook or vice versa. I also think RIM may have used the PlayBook as part of their development, hence the release of the touch screen phones first. Of course the iPhones had something to do with it too. 

I for myself love my PlayBook and wish RIM the best of luck tomorrow. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

Any of you seen this?  http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bridge-application-updated-version-30-blackberry-world#comment-1409...

Its the fact that Bridge is being updated to version 3 in BlackBerry World (App World until tomorrow) and is available to all OS's 5 or higher: 7, PlayBook and BB OS 10 devices...it hasn't propogated to my stuff yet but as anyone who has been following RIM since the PlayBook launched knows that there is a strong correlation between a Bridge update and an OS update on the PlayBook...

T-Minus 14 hrs 40 mins ...give or take due to your location. and we'll have a clue, hopefully!

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19435/

BlackBerry Bridge

Version: 3.0.9.6
Released: Jan 29th, 2013
File Size: 868 KB
Required Device Software: Operating System: 5.0.0 or higher

Fingers crossed!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Got an update to v2.4 of  mac osx version of blackberry desktop software - something must be happening today!