Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

Re: BB10 and the PlayBook

jarviser wrote:

First there is no dev beta, only a dev alpha, which suggests nowhere near ready.

Second, if it was any time soon the project would be on schedule and in final stage so a definite release date could be published. There is no marketing reason to delay now the phones are announced. 

So will it really be Soon? I doubt it. Weeks and weeks to go.

Be positive. You will have longer life.  The glass is half full. The PlayBook is not dead. Besides, my PlayBook already does what I need. There are a lot of complainers out there and you will not please all of them - ever. 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I viewed Thorsten's statement on CNBC a couple of times. He was more hesitant on that question than any of the other. I believe we will get BB10 OS on our tablets. However when they eventually 'empty the pipeline", which they have been doing for the past several months, they will exit the tab market. The best case scenario is they release a newly designed tablet but I am very doubtful. If they choose the former route our Playbooks will have a future so long as the BB10 OS is compatible between the phones and the tablet.

My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Try Ghost Commander. It's free from app world and I've had success with it. It's a file manager, but the FTP feature works

Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook, Q10
My Carrier: sprint

not having Netflix bothered me, so I have an amazon prime account that works just fine. I just use the browser version.
Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook, Q10
My Carrier: sprint

yeah, they do delete bad reviews.