Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
Publisher
My Device: Z10

Re: BBC I PLAYER ASKING FOR FLASH PLAYER BUT ALREADY INST

Yes, it appears to be working for me now, too. Great news. (I also complained to the BBC)

Trouble is, I was so disgusted at the iPlayer not working that I deleted its icon! Is there any way I can get it back (other than by adding the URL link to my home page?)
Super Contributor
sarah75
My Device: Playbook

I never use the icons, half the time they don't work, e.g. Youtube, Facebook etc. 

I use Google Bookmarks so I have access to favourite sites on all my devices.

Also using the icon stops you using a good browser like Origami.

You would need to reload the OS to get  back icons that you have physically deleted. . 

Sarah.
Regular Contributor
Publisher

Okay, thanks. I'm definitely not going to load the OS again!
Regular Contributor
Publisher

For anyone interested, BBC has responded to my fault report, indicating that they've withdrawn the iPlayer service for a number of handsets (various brands). The BlackBerry PlayBook isn't on this list, so I'm guessing it must have been a temporary problem associated with the service revision.

However, I do fear that it's only a matter of time before we see the PlayBook OS dropped; BBC clearly seem to be quite ruthless when it comes to service:user ratios!

Anyone interested in what phones have now been ditched by BBC for iPlayer support, it's here:

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/mobile_iplayer/changes

HTH