Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
striaightberry
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 3G 9100 + Blackberry PlayBook 16GB

BBM 6 from Beta Zone - playbook crashes with new bridge

[ Edited ]

Hi am actually using bbm 6 available from the beta zone, but ever since ive downloaded the new bridge, when ever i try to open bbm on my playbook it keeps crashing, like i would have to tap bbm atleast 3 to 4 times to get it up and going, i uninstalled bbm 6 off of my phone and tried using the latest bbm 5 but when i tried running it on my playbook it says its missing some plugging. My question though, is this a known bug in the new bridge or is this a known bug in the latest update we received, is anyone even hqving this problem? Please help me out here cause this is pretty annoying, all other bridge apps work but bbm is the only one thats acting beyond weird.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Get BlackBerry Bridge for your BlackBerry

I bet you have a corrupt BBM database.

Clear the BlackBerry Messenger database from the BlackBerry device and see if it persists after.

also a snow flake and some other icons prevent it from working, you can rename those users in BBM.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
striaightberry

how would i know if i have a corrupt bbm database? and also how do i clear the bbm database? Never really done that before so please forgive my incompetence.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Sicne you have played with Beta versions. This is a sure way to do it, It might take about 30 min depending on device and bootup times not included.

Backup BBM contacts to file or email account in BBM.

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) 

restore from back up everything except for BBM.

Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

check bridge after and restore BBM contacts/ join groups again.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
striaightberry

Thanks, should have been coming this community from time, but i got one more question, does the latest bbm 5 works with blackberry bridge?
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

BBM (5.0.3.22) is available on App World via your smartphone.

This version works with Bridge.

New Contributor
striaightberry

Ok well i did everything you said but the problem still persisted, so what I did was change everyones name and it was good from there, but also, after i got the update for my playbook i restored my phone to its last state and bbm was working fine without changing anyones name. Thanks though I appreciate the help I usually dont get help like this when i go to other forums.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Re: BBM 6 from Beta Zone - playbook crashes with new bridge

[ Edited ]

Glad to see you are doing better.

Enjoy your stay with us.