Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

BBM Bridge crashing/closing itself when minimized

Since upgrading my PB to 2.1, BBM bridge will not stay open if another app is running. I've actually watched it close itself when multiple apps are running. It's quite inconvenient, as I frequently BBM while browsing or performing other tasks. All other bridge apps work fine and remain open with other apps running -- it only seems to be BBM that has an issue, which if course is the bridge app I use most. 

I have:

1 - done a second clean install of 2.1 on the PlayBook

2 - updated the bridge app on he phone to the latest version

3 - hard-reset both devices multiple times

4 - deleted and reconnected both devices from each other multiple times

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: BBM Bridge crashing/closing itself when minimized

And there's more... I had the browser, bridge SMS, and bridge BBM open in that order, all three showing 'minimized' (SMS in the center, browser on the left, BBM on the right) with the home screen open to just the favorites bar. After about 30 seconds, the browser and BBM closed themselves at the same time, but SMS stayed open. 

Second scenario: just browser and BBM bridge open and minimized, with BBM in the center this time and the browser off to the left. After a few seconds the browser closed and BBM stayed open. 

The BBM bridge app is not playing nicely with other open apps.