Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Bricked 9930, Blackberry Torch 9810

BBM Will Not Load On The Playbook Please help!!

Let me just state that I am not technically handicapped i literally tried everything troubleshooting in the book. I wiped my playbook, i downgraded my torch, i downgraded my bbm, i restarted, re-paired over and over and over again still no luck. When my friend came with his bold and paired it to my playbook it worked perfectly. for some reason my **bleep** torch is not letting the playbook load the bbm or vice versa, im at the end of my rope i have no idea what to do now. i tried everything

Solutions: 6,094
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BBM Will Not Load On The Playbook Please help!!

Two things that are a must for BBMessenger on the Playbook:

• BlackBerry Messenger on your Torch must be at version 5.0.3.22 (look at Options > Device > Application Management > AddOn)
  • The Playbook must be running OS verion 1.0.3.1868 (look at Options > About on the Playbook).

The OS version of the actual BlackBerry handheld device doesn't matter if you have a Torch, but for the fun of it, What is your Operating System loaded to your device? Look at Options > About, third line down beginning with a "v.5.0.x.xxx", What is yours?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Trust me kind sir IVE DONE EVERYTHING!!!!!!! Im not handicapped ive read and read and came back to the official blackberry forum for some help. i have the latest os i have bbm 5.0.3 and still at a lost
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

What version Bridge do you have installed on Torch?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

I have the latest version installed, It was working before now it's not working. I have everything installed that needs to be installed. Like i said my friend used his bold and it was able to work fine.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Possiblke you have a BlueTooth profile thats corrupted. Please delete the BT profile on both devices, pull battery on torch, restart  Playbook and try to pair it again for bridge.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

I did that atleast a billion times still not working

Guru III
My Device:

Please contact support, maybe you have an issue that cant be resolved on a forum.

http://us.blackberry.com/support/playbook-support/contact.jsp

let us know what they find.

Solutions: 6,094
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

wonda242 wrote:
Trust me kind sir IVE DONE EVERYTHING!!!!!!! Im not handicapped ive read and read and came back to the official blackberry forum for some help. i have the latest os i have bbm 5.0.3 and still at a lost

wonda, no one thought you were handicapped, but as it is, today my crystal ball is cloudy, actually quite densely foggy, so you'll hopefully understand my INNOCENT and SILLY questions asking what versions of the software you have installed.I don't know what you've done or read except what you state, and you didn't.

You assumed I would already know that you have upgraded all software (BBM, Bridge and Playbook) to the required levels. I don't make those assumptions, I ask the question to confirm, be cause after having helped thousands of people like you I have learned there is NO basic question that should not be asked.

But I will bow out now and I will assume you have it under control.

How rude of you to respond in that manner to anyone desiring to assist you.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Im sorry i was just overally frustrated at that point. I thank you for your assistance. The issue has still not been resolved as yet