Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Verizon

BBM not working in Playbook

I have PB 2.0, BBM bridged does not work. What is needed to rectify?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: BBM not working in Playbook

In order for us to help, you'll need to be more specific. How exactly does it now work? 

Highlighted
Contributor

I have a 64gb PB with 2.0.358 os. I bridge to a 9650. When I bridge, all functions work as advertised except my BBM. I can send/recv SMS/MMS to non-BB users thru BBM on my 9650, but my PB BBM wants me to invite contacts as if I don't have contacts already. I thought bridging with my smartphone would allow me to use existing contacts, but not happening. I love my BB 9650 and plan to upgrade to 9900 (Verizon) or hold out for BB10 phone, so not having full BBM function is disappointing. I hope you can help.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

The current version of bridge only allows you to use the core function of BBM - I.e talk to other blackberry users. It does not support sms/mms via BBM 

Contributor

Thanks for that bit of bad news. Current bridge app needs to be updated to allow broader BBM access. I am sure there are a lot of BB users with non-BB friends and if PB bridging does not get an update that will allow communication with non-BB users, RIM can expect more users to jump ship to other platforms.  RIM techies get with program, we love our BB and PB and want to "snub" our non- BB friends into being being envious of what our PB and BB can do and their's can't.  Not happening yet.