Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

tel_sooty74
My Device: Curve

BLACKBERRY V SKY

Hi, i have a playbook and also an ipad (the wife's), we can use our Sky Go app on the ipad but can't on the playbook due to their use of silverlight.

There is a forum on the Sky TV website campaigning them to make this available on the playbook but they appear unmoved!

Given that BlackBerry actually sponsor SKY TV I find it bizzare that you allow this to happen!

Could you take up the campaign to resolve this issue as complaints from subscribers are now falling on deaf ears!

Thanks

Trusted Contributor
bs342
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10

Re: BLACKBERRY V SKY

[ Edited ]

Great post, I would love to use Sky Go on my Playbook. I think however, and this is only my opinion that because Silverlight is Microsoft technology  it is not really a Sky decision to make Sky Go compatible with the PlayBook. It may be up to BlackBerry and Sky to reach a solution because the fact that Silverlight is Microsoft may be a stumbling block due to the fact that Microsoft have no commercial interest in making life easy for BlackBerry.  This has been proven by the silence from Skype (owned by Microsoft ) regarding its availability for PlayBook and other BlackBerry devices Thankfully Skype have recently  acknowledged that their product will soon be available for Blackberry 10 devices. A sure sign perhaps that that Microsoft are finally waking up to the fact that the Blackberry market should not be ignored. 

BlackBerry is for Life not just for Christmas
New Contributor
Miffy
My Device: 9780

Please sign the petition to lobby Sky to make an app for blackberry users for Sky Go  :

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/sky-television-make-a-application-for-blackberry-users-for-sky...

Copy / paste

To: Sky Television

I've just signed the following petition addressed to: Sky Television.
Make a application for blackberry Playbook users for Sky Go.

Sincerely,
[Your name]

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

tel_sooty74 wrote:

Hi, i have a playbook and also an ipad (the wife's), we can use our Sky Go app on the ipad but can't on the playbook due to their use of silverlight.

I don't see the relevance of Silverlight as neither ipad nor playbook use it.

My Device: Z10 and Playbook

Having a Z10 and Playbook as well as being a SKY customer I can understand SKY not developing application anymore for BlackBerry as they are catering for the mass market of Apple and Android. However, what I cannot understand is why BlackBerry do not insist with the vast amount they must be spending advertising and sponsoring SKY Atlantic. So BlackBerry/RIM wake up and sort SKY or at least remove your sponsorship as it is wasted and makes you appear very foolish