Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,748
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BLAQ ?

Ok, so you're confused about basic Twitter terminology. This has nothing to do with Blaq, those terms are universal in the "twitterverse".

• Twitter mention when your @twittername is mentioned in a post.
  • Direct Message:  a private message exchange only between two twitter users.
  • Lists: You can create your own "list" of twitter users on specific subjects. Perhaps you like have several friends who like "rats" and you can create a list of ONLY those users who often tweet about rats.
  • Search: self explanatory... you can search Twitter for a specific user, or a topic. Here the #hashtag comes in handy.
  • The bluestar... tweets which you have 'favorited'. i.e., tweets you want to go back and read again or refer to later.
  • blue guy: touch it, type in the name of a specific twitter user like the box asks... self explanatory.
  • green guy: Opens your specific twitter profile in the reading pane.

Further reading:

Twitter 101

10 Steps to Getting Started on Twitter - SecondAct.com

The Beginner's Guide to Twitter | Michael Hyatt

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Carrier: Rogers

JSanders wrote:

Ok, so you're confused about basic Twitter terminology. This has nothing to do with Blaq, those terms are universal in the "twitterverse".

• Lists: You can create your own "list" of twitter users on specific subjects. Perhaps you like have several friends who like "rats" and you can create a list of ONLY those users who often tweet about rats.
  • Search: self explanatory... you can search Twitter for a specific user, or a topic. Here the #hashtag comes in handy.
  • The bluestar... tweets which you have 'favorited'. i.e., tweets you want to go back and read again or refer to later.
  • blue guy: touch it, type in the name of a specific twitter user like the box asks... self explanatory.

Further reading:

Twitter 101

10 Steps to Getting Started on Twitter - SecondAct.com The Beginner's Guide to Twitter | Michael Hyatt

I have tried again to send them an E-Mail, not really expecting them to even acknowledge that they received it, and much less getting any help from them on how to use the program properly.

BTW the links that you placed in your last message have nothing to do with BLAQ

PS RAT-7 is my lastname in french ;-)

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
JSanders

rat-7 wrote:

Yes, the links specifically answer your questions about what you've specifically asked.

Have you EVER learned how to say 'thank you'? I spent half an hour of MY time gathering that information for you, which is readily available on the internet to anyone.

Wow, I give up.

Sorry I couldn't help you.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7

JSanders wrote:

rat-7 wrote:

Yes, the links specifically answer your questions about what you've specifically asked.

Have you EVER learned how to say 'thank you'? I spent half an hour of MY time gathering that information for you, which is readily available on the internet to anyone.

Wow, I give up.

Sorry I couldn't help you.

Sorry if I offended you, I am truely grateful for what you did

Martin
Please use plain text.
JSanders

You're welcome.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Developer
JCarty

rat-7 wrote:

JSanders wrote:

Further reading:

Twitter 101

10 Steps to Getting Started on Twitter - SecondAct.com The Beginner's Guide to Twitter | Michael Hyatt

I have tried again to send them an E-Mail, not really expecting them to even acknowledge that they received it, and much less getting any help from them on how to use the program properly.

PS RAT-7 is my lastname in french ;-)

Today is the first time I received an email from you and I have replied to it. Let me know if you get it.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7

Yes, I did received it and also sent back what you asked for

Thank you for the e-mail

Martin
Please use plain text.